Currently the site of Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce, the former home of George C. H. Lang (of Lang Tannery fame). The only remaining structures from the Lang Estate are the red stone posts.
An imposing Queen Anne Revival mansion built by G. V. Oberholtzer in the early 1880’s. The house was a basic large square with projecting front and side bays and kitchen wing. The house was purchased by George C. H. Lang around the year 1900. At this time the house was extensively remodelled and enlarged. The porch with its Neo Classic Revival features would date to this period. The tower also probably dates to this time since it too has Neo Classic elements, and similar towers were being built on other houses, notably Buena Vista, at this same time. The house was demolished circa 1930-1940.
C. R. Cornish, “An Architechtural Survey of Berlin, The Centre Area”; report to Kenneth McLaughlin Professor, 1979; Kitchener Public Library.