200 King St W
The City of Kitchener’s Cycling Master Plan, approved in 2010, identifies cycling upgrades for Young Street and Duke Street. They are ready to get started on the following:
- Goal: Provide a safer and more convenient route into the downtown across Weber St.
- Proposed contraflow bike lane, enabling two-way bicycle travel on a road that is designated as one way for motor vehicles.
- Dedicated bicycle signal and sensor at the Weber and Young intersection.
- Goal: Provide a means for residents to bike on Duke in both directions.
- Proposed contraflow bike lane
- Coordination with King East Neighbourhood Association’s resident-led traffic calming project featuring street murals.