The Five Point Grocery store was located at the corner of Frederick and Lancaster Streets in Berlin (later Kitchener), Ontario. It was owned by Henry Jacob Ahrens, second eldest son of Charles A. Ahrens, the noted Berlin shoe manufacturer. Henry Jacob Ahrens was born in Port Elgin on 2 March 1858. By the time of the 1881 census, Henry was living in Berlin, where he spent the rest of his life. He opened the Five Point Grocery in late 1903 or early 1904. He and his wife, Caroline, owned the site until 1933, but the store was operated by several different people. He died in Kitchener on 1 January 1933.
The store was taken over in 1933 by John Izma and operated as Izma’s Five Point Fruit Store. The grocer operated until the late 1960’s and this is the business most long time residents recall.
The building has since been demolished. Currently the site of Izma Green, a rent-geared-to-income apartment structure owned by Kitchener Housing.