kindly shared with our neighbourhood by Sandra Parks.
Available in the Grace Schmidt Room, KPL, or online
· Well-preserved: the Ontario Heritage Foundation’s manual of principles and practice for architectural conservation by Mark Fram –(363.6909713 Fram) – building conservation, preservation & restoration principles, pgs 44-55
· Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, North Waterloo Region branch – annual lecture series, November to May; AGM; online blog; lists of resources
· International Cultural Heritage Policy Documents – Charter of Athens, Venice Charter, ICOMOS
· Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB) – sometimes known as the Anti-Scrape movement, founded by William Morris in 1877
· Standards & Guidelines for the Conservation of Historic Places in Canada – benchmark for heritage conservation principles, practice & guidelines
· Eight Guiding Principles in the Conservation of Built Heritage Properties – provide the basis for decisions concerning good practice of heritage conservation
· Ontario Heritage Act – Parts IV & V relate to municipal heritage conservation
· Ontario Heritage Toolkit – guides on the heritage conservation process
· Ontario Regulation 9/06 – criteria for determining whether a property is of cultural heritage value, worthy of designation under Part IV of the Ontario Heritage Act
· Provincial Policy Statement – provincial policy direction on land use planning
Region of Waterloo
· Arts, Culture & Heritage – outlines heritage programs at the regional level, including archives, conservation incentives, resources for property owners
· Conserving Regionally Significant Cultural Heritage Resources – guide to implementing Cultural Heritage policies in the Official Plan
· Official Plan – click on the line: Regional Official Plan, then Section 3.G. Cultural Heritage, pgs 48-53
· Scenic Roads & Special Character Streets – identifies heritage roads
City of Kitchener
· Cultural Heritage Landscapes Study – an inventory of 55 CHLs
· Guide to Heritage Designation for Property Owners – individual property designation under Part IV of the Ontario Heritage Act, incentives and myths.
· Heritage – walking tours, grant & tax incentives, awards, permits, properties
· Heritage Conservation District Plans – of the four HCDs
· Official Plan – click on ‘Consolidated Version,’ Section 12: Cultural Heritage Resources, pgs 12-1 to 12-9.
· The Economics of Heritage Development – in 2016, the Kitchener Waterloo Association of Realtors hosted a panel on this topic