Thanks to the City for this profile of the residents of Olde Berlin Town
Tuesday April 23, 2019
4:30 – 8 pm
Kitchener City Hall, Rotunda
200 King St W, Kitchener
The City of Kitchener’s Cycling Master Plan, approved in 2010, identifies cycling upgrades for Young Street and Duke Street. They are ready to get started on the following:
Young Street (between Duke and Maynard)
- Goal: Provide a safer and more convenient route into the downtown across Weber St.
- Proposed contraflow bike lane, enabling two-way bicycle travel on a road that is designated as one way for motor vehicles.
- Dedicated bicycle signal and sensor at the Weber and Young intersection.
Duke Street (between Cedar and Pandora)
- Goal: Provide a means for residents to bike on Duke in both directions.
- Proposed contraflow bike lane
- Coordination with King East Neighbourhood Association’s resident-led traffic calming project featuring street murals.
You are invited to express any questions, comments, or concerns at an open house. Drop in anytime.